Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Whirlwind

These last two weeks (and 3 days!) have been crazy, beautiful, stressful, wonderful and strange all at once.  Sometimes, I wonder how I lived 34 years without you, and others, I marvel how just a month ago, you weren't here. I'm so lucky I've been able to spend so much time with you, learning about you and loving you.  I feel bad for Daddy sometimes, because he has to go to work and misses all the fun we have without him.



see how sad he is?


Of course, I still have to be careful... I'm still having some recovery issues, but we hang out and talk, take small walks, play with Sydney (when she'll let us!).  We've also been getting so much yummy food from my friends at work! We took a short trip to the market the week after you were born and everyone loved you.  Yesterday, we took a trip to the farm & daddy's store. You slept most of the time (or so it seemed... I think you were taking it all in with your other ninja senses!) You met Milkshake the pig and Ping the duck and the turtles and the chickens too plus Uncle Nick was there and all of daddy's work friends.
We've had lots of visitors! Grandma Iline and Grandpa Mike were here for two whole weeks helping out; you've had Skype calls with Grammy Kay and Poppie Jim, Aunt Krissy and cousin Macey. Your Great-Aunt Ann and Great-Grandpa Paul (he is so excited about his first great granddaughter!), Aunt Dani and Uncle Joe and Aunt Aimee and Uncle Kevin have also seen you on live video--- you are an internet star, gorgeous!



Uncle Nick is in love!!

I can't believe how much you've changed already... you are just so beautiful, funny and smart. 



tough like your mama!

You've rolled over so many times, you love to watch the ceiling fan and one of your favorite things is to go outside and watch the trees. You are beginning to get the hang of the whole diapering thing and not crying EVERY time and you had your first big-girl bath!
All in all, you are just the most amazing person already and I can't believe how lucky I am to be your mom. I can't wait for every day we get to be together.

1 comment: